My other blog entries!


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doubling Your Summer Money- Post 1- Introduction


Okay, so let me introduce myself. My name is Matthew Berger. I am a sophmore at The University of Rhode Island. I am studying Landscape Architecture.... Alright, so how can YOU double my summer money? Well to be honest, doubling your summer money isn't as easy as it sounds. If it was, I would be RICH right now.
This blog most likely attracted you because you were probably googling, how to double my summer money or I want to be a rich teenager or I want to be a rich young adult. Well, trust me, you've made it to the right place. You are on track to becoming a wise investor at a young age. At this point, I feel confident enough to assume you are a responsible young adult (I use young adult instead of teenager because like yourself, I am a teenager, but hate being called that) who cares about their future.
I am nineteen years old, and since I was fourteen, I have been researching techniques of how to make my summer money last and then some. If you are thinking at this point, that I already had money, and or had rich investment banker parents, your wrong. Almost all my advice that I will give over the next few years on this blog comes from my extensive research but also comes from asking millions of questions to adults, both average and rich investment banker adults. You can learn so much from adults. My first word of advice...become best friends with adults (even parents). It sounds crazy, but trust me on this one, you don't realize it at first (and neither did I) but in the future (and I have realized this after trying it out) you will see how much you have learned from asking questions, or simply conversing with an adult or a fellow parent of a friend.
Once again, you ask, okay, so what does this have to do with doubling my freaking summer money? My answer to you is, "jeez, its 1:34 a.m., on August 25, 2010 and I leave for college in a week. I'm tired. This was just an introduction to my daily posts about stocks to watch out for, tips for investing, what to invest into (mutual funds, ROTH IRA) and other intelligent investment moves for young adults to make. EVEN the positives of working insanely hard towards a goal, even it means missing out on going to parties because you are just so tired from working 80+ hours that week. So on that note, we shall start fresh tomorrow with some useful investment ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment