My other blog entries!


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summer Job Experiment- Success!

A Cordless Lawn Mower! ("Don't mowers use gas?")

I grew up, during the summer months, listening to the roar of engines... those forty eight inch commercial lawn mowers as they swept through the lush green lawns of my neighborhood. Since I loved the smell of fresh cut grass, I would always open my windows in the morning despite the loud pollution. As those massive lawn mowers approached the left side of my house, where my room is located, I would run to the windows to close them, because I despised the smell of gasoline!

As I grew older, to around twelve years old, I started to realize that I wanted to start cutting lawns! So, for the next two summers, I did just that. As I matured, I started to realize that I wanted to make a difference in the community. I thought "People hate the roar of a mower, despise having to go out and purchase gasoline and do not like the smell of gasoline either.

I took a trip to The Home Depot Website and saw electric lawn mowers for sale. I said, "Okay I am totally upgrading to one of these!" That was going to be my birthday gift to myself! So I took three hundred dollars of my Summer Money and without a doubt, have since Doubled My Summer Money. Anyways, so I bought a cordless Electric Lawn mower that uses a re-chargeable lithium - ion battery. It will last about five hours or so.

No Gas, No Oil, No Noise Pollution!

I was so excited that night, that I designed fliers using Microsoft Word and handed them out to all my neighbors (Some still have the fliers I handed out when I was twelve or thirteen years old) announcing my purchase and to remind them that my services are for hire.

I was blown away with the amount of responses about people wanting to hire me to maintain their properties. The 'Green' trend was only beginning at that point... I knew I was off to a good summer and a great future since I was ready to explore the contents of this global eco-friendly movement.


A Cordless Electric Lawn Mower by EARTHWISE to take a look at...















A Corded Electric Lawn Mower by EARTHWISE to take a look at...

1 comment: